R&W Dapto understand and respect that protection of your personal information is important to you and are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information in accordance with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and, in particular, the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
This policy applies to personal information collected by R&W Dapto, (referred to in this policy as R&W, we, us or the Group).
Under the Privacy Act, personal information is broadly defined. In simple terms it means any information about an individual (i.e. a natural person) who can be identified from the information, whether the information is true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not.
Employee Records Exemption
This policy does not apply to personal information held by R&W Dapto relating to the employment of a current or former employee (employee records).
Anonymity & Pseudonymity
You have the option of not identifying yourself unless by law you are required to do so, or it is impracticable not to.
What Personal Information is collected?
Information collected by R&W Dapto is collected by lawful and fair means and will only be used in accordance with this policy.
The types of personal information collected will depend on the services being provided and the circumstances of collection. For example, for property transactions, we may collect personal information from the parties involved (including vendors, purchasers, landlords, tenants etc.) such as name, address, email address, telephone numbers, fax number, date of birth, gender, marital status, tax file number, details of employment and/or occupation, and financial information.
If it is necessary to collect sensitive information from an individual, their consent will be obtained.
Should unsolicited personal information be collected, R&W Dapto will destroy the information and ensure that the information is de-identified.
How is Personal Information Collected?
R&W Dapto will collect personal information directly from the individual to whom it relates whenever practicable. This may be done verbally (e.g. in person or over the telephone), in writing (e.g. by letter, fax, email, application or other form) or through contact via our websites.
In circumstances where it is not practicable to collect the information directly from the individual, R&W Dapto may collect the information via third parties. This may occur, for example:
- from the individual’s employer;
- from credit reference agencies and financial institutions;
- from other agents and valuers who work with us;
- from property owners for whom we market properties or provide other services;
- from referees;
- from our contractors;
- from market research companies contracted by us to obtain information in relation to our services or from which we purchase mailing lists;
- from recruitment agencies; or
- from publicly available information and databases.
Each time you visit our website our server collects some anonymous information, including but not limited to the type of browser & system you are using, the address of the website you have come from and move to after you visit, the date and time of your visit and your servers location and IP address. We collect this information for statistical purposes to assess how our website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, the most popular session times. We use this information to evaluate and improve the websites performance.
Cookies (small files placed on a user’s computer when you access a website) are used on our website. Most web browsers allow you to control whether to accept Cookies. Unless you elect not to accept Cookies on your
browser, the R&W Dapto's website will automatically place a Cookie on your computer to enable you to make full use of our websites functionality.
R&W Dapto acknowledges that you will click through to third party websites from our website and recommends that you refer to the privacy statements of the sites you visit. R&W Dapto assumes no responsibility for information and content of third party websites.
Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality customer service.
to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of MMJ Real Estate, its related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:-
to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
Your personal information will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as describes in the Privacy
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. Where we disclose personal information to another party, we will require the third party to use the personal information only for the specific purposes for which we supply the information.
How to opt out
If you do not wish to receive any further printed information from R&W Real Estate, you can contact the person named on the last printed information you received from R&W Real Estate. Alternatively, if receiving emails from R&W Real Estate, you will have the option to unsubscribe from our mailing list by following the directions on our emails.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organization for any authorized purpose with your express consent.
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in various countries; and
- other third parties located in various foreign countries.
Personal information received by R&W Dapto is held securely with the strictest confidence, either in electronic files on R&W Dapto’s computer systems or in physical files held on R&W Dapto's premises. R&W Dapto has technological and operational processes and procedures in place to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
It is important that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you and, if so, the fees will be disclosed on our website. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
Where we refuse access, we will where possible provide you with a written notice setting out our reasons for the refusal and the avenues for complaint about the refusal.
How to get more information or make a complaint
Please direct any questions about this policy or complaints about a breach of privacy by R&W Real Estate to R&W Real Estate’s Privacy Officer who can be contacted:
*effective March 2014